September 1, 2010

Tis the season

Well, well, well. Today is September 1st. Today is the day my self-imposed 'time to get serious about what I'm doing with my life' is meant to start. And that is because why? Because September means the coming of Autumn, the time when we all go back to school, time to make important changes...the fun stops here! I don't know what I expected, I think I imagined waking up and opening the window and this fall breeze coming in...brrr..where's my cardigan. I think I magically thought that September 1st, all these new opportunities would present themselves...they were waiting too! -- waiting for fall! -- waiting to bloom -- or die and fall off a tree! Every Fall, I imagine myself cuddly in my home with my currently non-existent lover, maybe both wearing cardigans (and nothing else), both discussing change, both beginning new lives as we breathe in that crisp air. But no, it's 30 degrees outside,  so I guess it will have to wait until after Labour Day. To the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment