September 29, 2010

The bike days are over

I've been riding my bike almost every day since Spring began. The other day I went to meet my friend for a beer and when I emerged, a wee tipsy, the streets were wet and so was my bike seat. By the time I got home I had a lovely wet stripe starting from my buttocks and continuing right up my back --  and a damp crotch. I was not amused. Yesterday, I rode to the gym and when I came out it had started raining. I thought 'oh, i'd better hurry home in case it REALLY starts raining' which of course it did, half way home. With every pedal I was getting wetter and wetter (and not in a good way) -- I was soaked. Rain was falling off my helmet into my eyes -- I can't see! I can't see! My jeans had changed colour completely, my hands slipping each time I braked. I passed by these two women hovering under a tree waiting for the rain to let up, they looked at me with this sympathetic look which I returned and then splashed away. Nighty night bike. See ya in Spring.

2 comments: