September 10, 2010

I'm an adult now

A couple of friends took me out for dinner last night to celebrate my birthday. When we got to the restaurant, one of them ordered a dirty vodka martini and I thought, I'm going to try one of those. I mean why not? It's my birthday, I'm almost 40 and I'm not buying, so what is there to lose. Life is short! Wow, I don't know how to describe how I feel about a dirty vodka martini. Love? no, that is not descriptive enough. Lust? Closer, but still not there. It's like a combination of a hug from my Mediterranean mother, being cozy in my robe and slippers and a heated make-out with some hottie you will never see again and who probably gives you a hickey...on your neck....in the summer. Urg. I want you so, dirty vodka martini. My mother would be really proud, I'm finally her at my age, i mean her age when she was my age...oh you know what  I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment