September 2, 2010

Random is so random

I went to the gym today to well, work out. I've recently started using the rowing machine as a change from the elliptical. When I do, my hands are not free to hit skip on my ipod shuffle, unless of course I stop and then change the song. So I settle in my seat, accept my fate and begin to row. The universe will supply the songs I'm supposed to listen to.  It's inevitable that THAT song always comes on. You know the one, the one that makes you cry or laugh or think nostalgically about that something or someone. Often it's a good thing -- sometimes, you can't even bear to listen to it, other times,  you want to feel that feeling -- even if that feeling is painful -- it just makes you feel alive. Or maybe, just maybe, feeling emotions -- even if that emotion is sadness -- is conducive to a great workout? All I can say is yowsa, my arms hurt!

3 comments:

  1. ah jwat, such a sentimental gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Who is this? Yes, very sentimental....i'm a romantic lady! but dont tell anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ILL never tell!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete