October 25, 2010

Jenny and The City

I have a job working on a publication that takes me out of the house 3 or 4 days a month. It's about a 20 minute bike ride and I bundle up and make my way there. The cool, Autumn air feels like a natural face-lift and takes a few years off me (for about an hour) and also acts as a wake up/sober up call. Although I take the same route every time, crossing Elm Street (shiver) down to Dundas, past the AGO (cute OCAD students) over to Beverley and down to Queen. I am always struck by the beauty of the city when I coast down Beverely Street, the whole waterfront in view, the CN Tower proudly dominating the frame. The sun beams off the metallics of the buildings onto my newly tight face as I get closer to my destination.  I love this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment