October 11, 2010

I go a'walking

I went for a walk today. I thought it was going to be a short one -- my usual route -- but today I saw a sign that said 'Discovery Walk' and I just started following it. Down some wooden stairs through trees to a road that I did not recognize the name of and had no idea where it led. I kept walking. I passed this couple and asked them 'do you know where this ends up' and they said they didn't --  couldn't remember anyway -- couldn't remember if they had done this walk before. I thanked them and kept walking. The trees were so beautiful! The yellows, oranges and reds all bleeding into each other, the sky a perfect blue -- I often stopped and just looked up -- I could have been anywhere. Eventually I  ended up somewhere I did recognize and was able to navigate myself home. I took roads I don't usually take...just for consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment