October 9, 2010

The animals got it

I went to Riverdale Farm yesterday to visit Dusty the donkey. I usually go see him when I need to think about something but today I couldn't get much exercise due to my injuries (see post below) so a walk was all I could muster. I'm gonna miss my walks over to the farm...after the move I mean. I remember when all those piglets were just born. I saw them 5 days after birth! So little, so cute! And now they are fat and bigger than me! And the little lamb, all grown up too -- the goats -- or as I like to call them -- avatars, going gray -- all the animals changing and growing at rapid speed! I wonder how they feel about it. Are they freaked out like us about aging? Do they look at their hooves and think, hmmm, these look a little wrinkly. Do they notice their eyes becoming smaller as their brows sink into them? Do they worry about the extra pounds they have packed on in the last few months? (pigs I'm speaking about you). Shrug. I'll guess we will never know. But I'll miss you Riverdale Farm, mostly you Dusty, thanks for all the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment