October 3, 2010

Everyone's a DJ

The other day I was at a bar. A friend of mine was the DJ and before it got too busy I was chatting with her while she played her tunes. She has this plastic turntable-like thingy that can simulate old-school scratching. I looked at it with childlike curiosity and I guess it showed cause she asked me if I wanted to scratch. Gulp. I was scared but in that way you are scared when your new crush is just about to kiss you. I was excited. Ok, I said. I tried a few timid moves, but they did nothing. She said 'no, do this' and really went for it, so I did my best to imitate what I just saw and heard and rrriiiippp, my scratch attempt sounded through the speakers. I lost my breath. I got nervous and excited. I just did something that everyone heard. What a rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment