October 6, 2010

Closure in closing that bag

I am moving soon...in a few weeks. Yesterday I spent the day purging. Man, does it feel good to get rid of things! I said to myself 'if I haven't worn it or used it in a year, it goes'! And out it went! I got rid of a few things that reminded me of certain people, people from my past, well, exes. Things or clothing I held on to that had some significance -- maybe they once wore it to bed -- maybe they bought it for me -- maybe they hated it and in doing so, made me love it that much more after they had gone. I realized I had been hanging on to items just for their sentimental value and in a way, they have been holding me back. So, I threw them into the bag along with my memories, put 2 full garbage bags in my granny cart and wheeled the goods to the Salvation Army down the street. So until the next move when I purge a bunch of new things from a crop of new exes! Or... maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment