October 26, 2010

I might or I might not

Hey guess what everyone? I have more to say about Facebook! Today I'm going to talk about events. When I am invited to an event on Facebook that I know for sure I will not attend, I will hit 'not attending'. Like say for example, it's out of town or I have other plans that night, then 'not attending' is what I will choose. But normally, when I'm invited to an event that is in town and is not a small soiree which I feel obligated to commit to one way or the other, I will choose 'maybe attending'. It's just what I do. Now, I'm not sure if I should take our Facebook event 'attending' habits and try to parallel them with life...but I will. I started to look at other people and what they do and I noticed that their habits fit their personality. For example: I have one friend who right away clicks on 'not attending' to pretty much everything except the stuff she knows she will attend. No hesitation, the event just posted, she's done. Now, this friend in non-facebook life is very decisive, speaks her mind and gets stuff done. I know another person who clicks 'attending' on everything and again in non-facebook life is so upbeat, positive and always wanting to please others. And then there are the ones that just ignore all events, they 'haven't responded' and a lot of them I would consider 'unresponsive' in real life. So, what does my 'maybe attending' say about me. Well, you could say it says I'm noncommittal or kind of flaky, neither here nor there. But I would say that it means I'm open to all possibilities...maybe.

2 comments:

  1. I never respond (unless it's something like Diamond Dogs where Klowee and J-mac will cry if I don't then harass me on bbm). I currently have 65 invites from various toronto promoters. I think you're right though - there is a direct relationship between how people respond to facebook invites and real-life invites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear yah and yes, I really do think there is something to it.

    ReplyDelete