October 19, 2010

Don't go away mad, just go away

As much as I lament about aging, there is one great thing about it: wisdom. Wisdom to know when to well, lie a little. Now, I know what you are thinking 'what? Lie? You are so honest!' And while that might be true, sometimes even I need to fake it! When I just can't win that argument, when there is no resolution in sight, when someone is just talking crazy and I could get mad or annoyed and fight them but I realize there is no point - I just turn on the false - tell them what they want to hear. Now, I know, lying is not good but it's more bending the truth or leaving stuff out so they will go away pleased but more importantly, they just go away. Cause really, I don't have the time for these things anymore, I am very busy worrying about the wrinkles around my eyes and the development of jowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment