December 12, 2010

Romance me rain

I love the rain. It's raining out. It's raining hard. It's pounding against the windows sending me a clear message to stay inside! Stay inside! I so love the rain though. It holds so many memories for me. Growing up in Vancouver, being young, memories of my family, school. Just the smell of it can take me right back. It makes me feel cuddly like a little kid and at the same time relaxed like an adult. I remember the first time I was in love and when it was tragically over, walking alone on a busy street, the tears running down my face masked by the pouring rain. I once had this incredible make out session in the rain that was like something out of a movie and now whenever I'm caught in a summer rain, i go right back to that moment in time. Today though is another story, it's 2 degrees, it's dark and uninviting out. I just ran across the street to get milk (ok and candy), the cold rain pelted my face (immediately reducing my morning puffiness, I might add), my shoes squeaking as the rain quickly soaked them. Slipping and sliding back up the stairs to my apartment, quickly taking off all my rain soaked clothes, making a cup of tea, cuddling back on the couch, looking out the window at the rain coming down...sigh...I love the rain.

1 comment: