December 3, 2010

Bed bugs attack

I am constantly worried about getting bed bugs. Well, if you knew me, I'm pretty much worried about everything....but I digress. So, this fear is slightly justified as there is quite a bed bug problem in Toronto. I just moved recently and would not have if I knew I wasn't moving into a brand new place. When people talk about bed bugs, I get itchy. When I see a picture of one (when I look them up out of morbid curiosity) I get itchy. [side note: I was looking up the Wels Catfish, this European Catfish that can be 7 feet long and 150 pounds. That may or may not eat humans and most certainly is a cannibal. Look it up. You won't be able to have a bath for a couple of days] Ok, so back to the bed bugs. So I was on the bus yesterday and just before I sat down, I thought 'ooh, are there bed bugs on this bus'. I sat down anyway, I was feeling daring. Then this man sat in front of me and I stared into the back of his neck and head and swear I saw something moving, crawling through his disappearing hairline. EEK. Ooh, it's my stop. I got off and headed to meet my date, walked into the bar and sat down at a booth. Ooh, are there bed bugs in this booth? And the circle continues. So far, bed bug free, but I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment