August 13, 2010

Y'all come back and see us sometime

I went to the new man-made beach at the bottom of Jarvis, Sugar Beach, yesterday. Which by the way I keep saying in an American southern accent, not sure why. Anyway, I rode down, took my book, found a chair under a little tree and parked myself. 2 hours later, sleepy and relaxed -- sand beneath my toes, wind in my hair, not a care in the world. These little birds kept me company flying around the tree above me, singing their Sugar Beach song. One even pooped on my leg and I didn't even mind, I wasn't even sure it was real poop!  Sugar Beach is a little reprieve from the hectic city and as long as you keep looking south, you may as well be on the coast somewhere. And for a confirmed city girl like me, well Sugar Beach, you complete me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new beach tip! I would like to add how spectacular you were zipping down Jarvis on your bike. Now I know you were a woman on a mission to the beach!

    ReplyDelete