August 23, 2010

The daily groan

So, as you know, I am mostly unemployed. On my job hunt I come across various postings and I thought I would share this one with you. The company will remain nameless but suffice to say it's a popular west end hotel with a great outdoor space. Notice they require a degree, a minimum of 2 years experience and both print and online software proficiency -  and what do they want to pay for all of this: $12 an hour (in bold face so you can really feel my pain). This is my life. Enjoy:

The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years minimum experience
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong typography skills
- Experience working on marketing campaigns
- The ability to meet deadlines regularly
- A fun sense of design
- Degree in design

And must be proficient in:
- Photoshop
- Illustrator
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Flash
- HTML
- CSS
- InDesign
- After Effects
- Photography

If interested please submit resume with 'DESIGN' as subject.
- Location: Toronto
- Compensation: $12 / hr
- This is a part-time job
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
- Please, no phone calls about this job
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this, I know what hotel it is too ... and good luck to them! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh looking at jobs are we? mhmmm..

    ReplyDelete