January 10, 2011

Flights and flight attendants

I'm home from Maui. I have only been here one day and already my skin has taken on a reptilian appearance from this Toronto cold. My tan sucked out every minute I sit here writing this post. The flight out was long but a certain redheaded flight attendant coming and going up my aisle during the Toronto to Calgary leg helped ease the pain. I drank a lot of liquids and therefore made many trips to the bathroom. On one such trip I caught the attendants making cookies for the richies in business class pods. The ginger told me 'oh, we make cookies in our spare time' [swoon!]. And on another trip, sliding by her and cart, making her blush when I put my hand lightly on her back 'oh, can I just squeeze by you'. [shameless!] Calgary to Maui unfortunately completely lacked in the hot flight attendant category, only a beefy dude who thought it was funny to tell us to turn off our blackberrys and cranberrys and raspberries. The flight home had geriatric attendants which seemed apt as we were on the ghetto plane, you know the one...I looked out the window and expected to see The Muppets hanging off the wing. The EnRoute magazine was still December's issue. This plane had no screens in the back of the seats, instead just one huge pixelated screen playing Home Alone [a couple of weeks too late] and then some lawyer film with Gene Hackman from the 90's that, as far as I could tell, had no Christmas content, but did have huge cell phones and women with a lot of hair as I guess was the fashion back then, but I digress. I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment