July 19, 2010

Diagnosis: old age

I went to the doctor today. I called in a panic after I went for a walk and suddenly got dizzy and had to stop and sit down. The doctor took my blood pressure, checked my ears and eyes and asked me all the questions a doctor asks. She said all my blood work from January was fine and so I said 'I am the picture of health'! She laughed and said that I should slow down my 'weekend activities' when I told her how I've been overdoing things for about a month or so now. She asked me how often do I 'overdo it' and I said 'what do you mean by often'? My friend Clare calls this 'summer' and although I'm inclined to agree my almost 40 year-old body is starting to turn against me. Of course, that said, as soon as I received my diagnosis that I was fine, I felt better instantly as I forgot to tell you I suffer from a wee bit of hypochondria. Just a wee bit... Anyone want to go for a drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment