November 1, 2010

You've got a friend...or 3

I went out for Halloween dressed as 'United States of Tara'. Hopefully you have seen the show, if not, don't even bother reading the rest of this post, come back tomorrow. Ok, now that I have got rid of the riff raff, I will continue. I got dressed and left my apartment, flagged a taxi down — to the gay village! $18 dollars later (ouch!) I arrived. I walked in, said hello to a few people that I knew here and there, made my way to the bar and got myself a drink. The friends I am meeting are yet to arrive. I chat a little with my bartender friend and then wander around, checking out the scene, what people are wearing, who I know, who I can recognize! I flit from one group of people I know to the other, not wanting to overstay my welcome. Suddenly I realize, hey, I already have 3 friends with me, on me, in me. So I make my way back to the bar, perch myself, and share a drink with my 3 new buddies who, by the way, turn out to be lovely company.

1 comment:

  1. Man, wish I saw you- freakin love that show!

    ReplyDelete