November 26, 2010

I'm writing it....in my mind

Hi everyone! It's time for another installment of Facebook Observations by Jenny Watson. Today I'm going to talk about the times when you WANT to write something, but you know you can't because what you want to say is, maybe, rude? Or making too much fun to the point where you might offend? Well, you might be surprised to hear that I censor myself too. There are many times when I want to comment on self-promoting statuses with a 'Never been so bored' or 'There is 3 seconds of my life I will never get back'. Or sometimes people are a wee TMI, if you know what I mean. Now you are probably saying 'what, you, Jenny Watson are saying someone is TMI?' And to that I would say this: I don't hold back 'tis true, but I do not share very personal bits of my life online, unless those bits are funny. So, sometimes on a TMI status or photo or what have you, you might want to write 'I could have gone to my grave without knowing this' or 'rolls eyes in disgust AND boredom' or something to that effect. So here's a little tip for you to get out what you want to say without hurting anyone. Type in the comment. Have a little chuckle to yourself. Don't hit share. You don't know how people will react. It's unknown. This way, the audience is YOU and YOU know YOU will find YOU hilarious and might even give YOU a standing ovation. You're a star! A Facebook Star!

No comments:

Post a Comment