November 25, 2010

Frame this!

Yesterday I decided to put up the frames that I found the other day. I had filled them with pictures of my mother when she was a child, and my grandparents when they were my age. I went to my tool box (well an old Zippo lighter container full of screws and a box with some random screw drivers and hammers. damn...i need nails. So, I bundled up and headed to the dollar store. I bought some picture hanging nails, you know the ones with that little hooky thingy and the nail that goes in it? Well the cashier knew what I meant, so HMPH! I got home and stood on my chair to hammer in the nail. The frames that I found had 2 places.....er....just see photos. Ok, so I sort of measured the distance between the two and hammered them in. I put one up and it was surprisingly straight! Hey! I was so excited! Yes, I can do this! I am not pathetic at 'housey-repairs-building-tough gal-work'. I got off the chair to get the next frame and CRASH, it fell down, denting the frame and taking a chunk of my wall with it. So, I put away the tools, put the frames against the wall and poured myself a large glass of wine.

2 comments:

  1. you went to the dollar store?!?! whats next? the local WALMART?! (ps, if you go to the local walmart, bring this bitch I can show you around!)

    ReplyDelete