June 2, 2010

Stuff I'm reading

As you all know faithful blogger readers, I am unemployed. So, I have a lot of time for things that you don't. Such as blogging for example. And for reading. So here are the books I'm reading right now.

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without ThinkingBottle Rocket HeartsIn the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction

Bottle Rocket Hearts
Local Author Zoe Whittal's Bottle Rocket Hearts is a great read! I definitely could see myself and my friends in many of the characters.
In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction
Gabor Maté used to work at the Portland Hotel in the downtown Eastside in Vancouver. He writes about the nature of addiction. It's sounds boring, but is an interesting and great read. 
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
Blink is about the first two seconds of looking. That glance that knows in an instant. Fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment