June 24, 2010

Parents round-up

So my parents have gone back to lovely Sechelt, on the Sunshine Coast. We had a great time wandering the city, eating great meals and drinking lots of wine. I'm kind of sad they missed the earthquake cause they could have added that to their list of things they experienced in Toronto:

1. We went for dinner on the Danforth one night. When we were coming up the escalator out of the subway, behind us there was this photographer taking pictures of these two men kissing. We walked outside the subway and there was this white tent around this restaurant where the men were making their way. My mother asked 'did you just get married?' and the men answered 'we are getting married right now! we are so nervous'. We said congratulations and made our way for a lovely Greek dinner on a Danforth patio, happy from what we had just seen.

2. We sat in Kensington Market in that little sketchy park for a rest. After we left my mother informed my father and I that the man beside her was masturbating. I said 'i thought he was smoking' and she replied 'probably after'.

3. On the crowded streetcar home one afternoon there was this woman standing beside me that started to not look so good and crouch down on the floor. I asked her if she was ok and other people started getting involved. They were offering her water, coke, wondering what she needed. She had trouble communicating and suddenly she threw up everywhere and then passed out. The driver instructed us to leave the car.

So, Toronto provided many stories for them to tell at dinner parties and to repeat 5 times whenever I see them or mention Toronto. See you at Xmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment