July 28, 2011

I'm growing and changing and changing and growing....and getting paid for it (a little)

I got paid today from Google Ads for this blog. You know for clicks on ads. It only took 15 months to make over the mandatory $100 before receiving payment. I started thinking about those 15 months ago and what my life was like when I started this blog. Well, I was unemployed, with A LOT of time on my hands. And now I am self-employed, with A LOT of time on my hands. I was single. I'm still single. I was stressed out about what I was going to do with my life. Today, I'm less stressed. Back then, I had a lot of 'thoughts' about things that I felt I should get out. I was unsure of myself and those thoughts. And today, I probably have a lot more thoughts, I'm still unsure about them, but I care a lot less. In fact, the less sure I am, the better the post. Letting myself be a little vulnerable [online anyway] has been good for me. I feel like I should do something to mark the occasion. Champagne? Take my blog out for a nice dinner? How does one mark this frivolous, trivial milestone? I guess I'll just continue sharing my thoughts until I reach the next payout and let you know what my life looks like then. Stay tuned, it might be something.

No comments:

Post a Comment