June 21, 2011

This hypochondria is really starting to make me feel sick

So, I've been seeing my doctor a lot in the last few months. You know, cause well I've had a lot of symptoms of stuff, symptoms that when looked up online suddenly become A LOT more serious...but I digress. So, this morning I was in my doctor's office, bright and early. When she walked in I said 'you must be sick of me by now'. She replied 'not yet, you'll have to try harder'. That made me smile. Then I proceeded to tell her of my latest ailment which she diagnosed as 'nothing to worry about'. I told her 'I don't know why I'm such a hypochondriac. Maybe it's from watching too many Woody Allen movies?' She laughed. I realized though as she filled out a form to order me an x-ray to put my mind at ease, that I am just this way. This is what makes me, me. I have such a wild imagination that sometimes imagines such wonderful, beautiful things and other times, such negative, ugly things. So, if I lose one, I will surely lose the other. However, good thing I live in Canada, cause I have a feeling I wouldn't be such a 'hypo' if I was footing the bill. Spending too much money makes me anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment