April 3, 2011

Slow love

I went to this queer slow dance party last night. I didn't know what to expect, it sounded interesting and a lot of people I knew were going and said how fun it was. So, I went. When we got there, they gave us all a dance-card which I put in my pocket, but later noticed people wearing around their wrists. It was like high school all over again, but high school like I had transported my 30-something self with all my knowledge and experience back into. I danced with some of my friends, focusing on them for that 3 or 4 minutes, no distractions, just nice intimate moments. We really talked! It was like the close proximity made barriers come down, the physical intimacy made it easier to cut through all the shit and just talk. I danced with a lover, who I was feeling a little disconnected from. It didn't take long to reconnect over, wait for it: 'I believe I can fly'. That song became sexy to me, and suddenly no one else was there, nothing else mattered. I was just 'in the moment' — ok, yes, I was a bit drunk at this point, but you get what I'm saying. Later some of my friends were leaving as Celine's 'My heart will go on' came on and I said 'You can't leave now, it's Titanic!' So of course they stayed and of course we danced more.

No comments:

Post a Comment