March 6, 2011

Spicy girls and spicy treats

I went to this fashion show last night at the ROM. It was filled with young, beautiful people, wearing heels, tight dresses and tons of make-up — the women too! [ba dum ching!]. The women were collectively hot, but individually bland. It reminded me of a How I Met Your Mother episode where Barney, the womanizer of the bunch, calls this: 'the Cheerleader Effect'. Meaning, as a group, they look hot, but seen individually, each one has a flaw. It took a while for the show to start, so we lingered at the bar, getting progressively tipsier and tipsier, my friend trying to numb her sore high heeled feet and me, just enjoying the drink. We were then tardy to get a seat in the now standing room only show. So we watched from outside the line where we could continue drinking. There were appetizers floating around and by this point I figured maybe I should have a couple. I tried this cream cheese onion-y thing that left a sour taste in my mouth, so I glanced around for something to take it away and I spotted little rice crispy squares. I grabbed one and greedily bit into it, only to discover it had been flavored with a strong curry, leaving me confused and sad, so I drank more and watched the models and the crowd and everyone became collectively and individually, a lot hotter.

No comments:

Post a Comment