January 13, 2013

Addict

I'm addicted to my iPhone. We all saw this coming, perhaps you more than me. I always thought "nah, I won't be like them. I won't "check in". I won't Instagram every cool street sign or cute tchotchke sitting on a shelf. I won't post something then 10 minutes later check to see who "liked it" or who made a comment. And then 10 minutes after that check again. No, I thought I was better than all of you. Thought I would know how to behave, how to treat this technology with respect, or more accurately, respect others around me by engaging with them instead. But alas, no. So, now what? Where do I go from here? What do I do now that my life revolves around this tiny, pretty device? Do I need an intervention? Perhaps some sort of "iPhone patch"? Come on, there must be an app for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment