May 28, 2012

Some things never change

The other day someone I went to elementary school with found this note I wrote in probably grade 4 or 5 to some boy named Blair. She took a photo of it and posted it to my Facebook wall. The note said something about how everyone was teasing me for liking him and that I don't like that and oh, please write back! (see attached photo for full note) I don't remember this Blair person or writing this note — I wonder if he even saw it? Who knows! Hey, I was ten years old for gawds sake! What was interesting about this was that a friend of mine saw the post on my wall and told me that even back then I enjoyed being vulnerable, that I 'put myself out there'. (And, I still write those capital N's exactly the same way.) I was also pretty bossy and that is something else I tend to be now (in a cute way...I think...oh, I don't know). This struck me as funny and true. We don't change that much. Now of course some things have changed. When I write my latest crush a note, I probably use a richer vocabulary and probably send a Facebook message or email or text instead of using some cute stationary with handwritten type. And I may not be so bold to say 'write back!'....but I always hope they do.

2 comments: