May 19, 2012

No iPhone, no aloha

I do not have an iPhone. I also do not have a blackberry or any sort of smartphone. I have a phone that I can answer calls on, receive and send texts and well, that is pretty much it. I have nothing against these devices it's just that because I am on a computer Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 with constant online access, I've never found myself caring about that capability when I was out of my house. I know eventually I will get an iPhone, but I'm not rushing into anything. I've seen what happens when people get one, they are never the same. They are taking photos of everything from street signs to their bowl of corn chowder. They are tweeting their locations from Dufferin Mall to Tim Horton's. And why are they doing this? Because they can! It's so easy so why not and it's fun! I get it. The other day I looked out my window and saw this fat cat sitting on my roof. My first thought was 'cat on a hot tar roof' and my next thought was that I should take a picture of it, put it online and that could be the caption. I grabbed my phone, turned it towards the cat, looking for the zoom. I didn't have one. I went to get my camera, I took it out of its case, went to turn it on, the battery was dead. I looked back out the window, that fat cat on the hot tar roof was gone and I had nothing to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment