September 19, 2011

My rational mind

Last night I was awoken at 3am. I heard some sort of clank noise that jolted me awake, followed by the sound of water. Drip. Drip. Drip. My sleepy mind struggled to understand what was happening. My first thought was that there was a killer in my house. My heart began to race. Then I turned on the light and slowly crept out of my bedroom. I saw no one and continued to hear the Drip Drip. I came into the kitchen and found the source of the noise. It was some dishes I had left in the sink from dinner (For the sake of this story, I will say this was a one time thing). Anyway, I wondered what had made those dishes shift? Was it a psycho killer? Did he move the dishes to confuse me? Distract me somehow then jump out behind the door and... But I realized that is silly. It must be that my house is haunted and some ghost is perhaps annoyed with mess or maybe just a bit of a brat. So, I went back to bed, happy I wasn't raped and killed and planning to do my dishes first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment