September 13, 2011

Do not take a picture....it lasts longer

With all the online sharing we do these days, it's become second nature to want to photograph, write and post all the moments of our lives. Or blog about our silly opinions on things (for example). Lately when I've seen something beautiful, from a stunning sunset, to my niece pulling a cute face, to the sexy gaze of my crush — my first instinct was to want to photograph it. "ooh, where's my camera, I MUST get a shot of this". Then as I go to get my camera, or phone or what have you I realize I'm missing this moment. I need to just stay in the now (as many self help gurus would say) and keep this view, this sight to myself instead of uploading and hitting 'post' with a funny caption and by doing so, taking away it's power. So next time I see a beautiful thing I'm just gonna keep it myself, unless it's a good picture of me...then that bad boy is going up on my Facebook profile to share with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment