May 29, 2011

Online arrogance

So faithful blog readers as you know I am venturing into this online dating world. I started setting up my profile and as self involved as I am, it's really hard knowing what to write. Picking a user name is difficult enough. I just want to use Jenny. But I know I'm supposed to use something like: designergal or lookingforlove or firstimebuyer or...well you see my creative struggle. So, I wrote some stuff then read it and thought 'wow, I sound like an asshole'.  Then I thought 'maybe I am an asshole'. So, I edited it a bit, but not much...fyi. I just made it sound a little less assholy. I mean, you ARE selling yourself on this thing, so it's not arrogant, right? I don't know. I've never done this. I've always met someone the old fashioned way, you know, drunk on some dance floor. I barely had to say a word in order to seal the deal (ok, that sounded assholy too I know, but hey, I'm on a roll).

No comments:

Post a Comment